Wednesday 1 April 2009

Sturridge scores for U20s

According to TheFA.com, Sturridge played for the England U20s against Italy at Loftus Road last night:
Ten minutes later and England added a second, when Kieran Gibbs delivered a fine cross from the left. Sears allowed it to run past him for his strike-partner and as soon as Sturridge killed the ball with his first touch, he gave goalkeeper Carlo Pinsoglio no chance with his second as he curled home a left-footer into the top corner.
And U20 manager Noel Blake was impressed with his performance:
“The second goal is what Daniel is all about and we’ve seen him do that for Manchester City’s first team. He’s an out and out goalscorer, but he also has plenty of ability."
City Academy players Javan Vidal, Ben Mee and Adam Clayton also played a part.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It would be a cruel blow to lose him, wouldn't it? I hope Hughes, Cook et al. get his signature on the dotted line, but I have my doubts.

I must say I can't see the logic of going to Chelsea, from his point of view, but that's football I suppose.