Thursday 23 April 2009

de Souza pledges future to City

Two statements in two days portray his happiness at MCFC. First this on Hughes:

He said: "The manager gives me total confidence, and he and the whole team help me to produce my best football for the club. That goal gives me a lot more confidence to score more in the matches that we have left."

"My relationship with the manager is very good. Our manager is a very good manager, an excellent manager. Of course expectations are high over how the team will do. But my aim is to remain here for a long time to come."

And then this about life at City:

"The expectations are always high, whether it is here or in the national team in Brazil. People expect that you will play well and score a lot of goals, but that is not always possible. I always hope to play well and make City supporters happy. I play with a smile and happiness, and I want them to be proud of the club and smile."

And interestingly, raises the possibility (probability, for me) of Elano's leaving in the summer:
But he said: "Everybody who watches Elano play knows that he is very good, a player in the national team who has a lot of qualities. But it is not my part to decide our transfer policy. As a friend and team-mate, I hope he remains at the club for years to come."
I'm still not sure whether Hughes, with a free hand in the summer, will keep either of these two at the club.

No comments: