Saturday 2 January 2010

Boyata's debut

Praise from the manger:
"This was Dedryck’s first chance to shine at this level and I thought he did very well. The game will have given him confidence and helped him mentally to know that he is part of the squad"
And Boyata himself was clearly delighted:

"The Manager took the defence in training during the week, and when he called me over I was really shocked. I could not quite believe I would be in the team, and I did not want to really believe it until today. I only saw my name on the team sheet two hours before kick off, and I was a bit stressed for a while but once the game started that went away and I was fine.

"All the lads just told me to play the way I do in training, so it was not too difficult to make the step up. I just kept telling myself to stay focussed, but once we kicked off I was fine.

"I think it went pretty well, we won the game and I think I did OK, but I'm not too sure! I had had fantastic support from my team mates so I'm really happy."

No comments: