Monday 4 January 2010

Interest, but no Kjær bid

According to Palermo sporting director Walter Sabatini:

"It's true, he interests Manchester City a lot, but there haven't been offers," the official told Sicilian television.

"There has only been talk between me and one person from the English side, but I said we don't (want to) sell him.

"The buy-out clause is not available for January and I repeat, for the moment there haven't been offers."

Mancini had previously said that we're not interested in Simon Kjær. I think that if we buy a centre-back in January we'll go for somebody proven rather than promising.

1 comment:

satis said...

I've a feeling we'll buy Kjær. He's extremely well thought of and represents for Mancini a chance to signal his intent to Serie A that this is where he's going to shop. A huge bid for Chiellini will do an even better job of that.