Wednesday 22 July 2009

Barry settles in

From the official site:

“Every game is going to help, I'm getting used to the other players and they are getting used to me. Tuesday was the first step towards that, the more I play alongside them and them with me, then we'll all get better together,” he asserted.

"I was delighted to get my first run-out, fitness is still the key thing at this early stage but I felt good wearing Manchester City colours!

"It was good that we came away with a win, the lads worked extremely hard and we deserved it.

"Coming abroad to different atmospheres and weather conditions makes it tougher, but that can only be a good thing. It's harder work on the fitness side of things but we all put in a good shift and we will feel the benefits when we go back to England."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he played OK as well. But what worries me is the rumours about boj and petrov being targeted by lazio / spurs respectively. would hate to see either leave.

TLDORC said...

I love the two Bulgarians but I just don't see how they have a future at MCFC. Boji is now fifth choice striker, while Petrov is pretty far back too: not even Robinho is guaranteed a start!

satis said...

I think we'll keep Petrov as the only genuine left midfielder, though he's in for a season as back-up to Robinho.

As for Bojinov, I've a feeling Hughes would want to keep him as fifth choice striker but realises that after two years out, Bojinov must be desperate to start regularly. I can't see him hanging about if a good offer is made.