Thursday 1 October 2009

MJ pleased to be back

He tells the official site:
“It was great to get back it has been too long and the fans were wonderful with me from the moment I warmed up to when I got on the pitch,” exclaimed the delighted 21-year-old.

"I think I am the only Manchester born lad in the squad at the moment so perhaps there is a special bond but City fans have always cherished their own and it was a special moment...

“I never felt like I wouldn’t come back but the whole absence has toughened me up mentally and that will serve me in good stead because as much as this game is about fitness and skill you need to be mentally attuned too. The worst thing about being out for so long is that it erodes your confidence and that is what I need to build up,” he asserted.

“I am still a young lad and I now appreciate more than ever what I have got. I am so keen to get back because playing football is the best thing in the world.

“There have been loads of changes while I have been out and I have gone from being a mid-table side to being genuine contenders for honours which is the aim."

No comments: