Saturday 10 October 2009

Bellamy and Hughes

Craig Bellamy has spoken very positively about Mark Hughes and the City coaching team this weekend:
'I'm with familiar faces, people I would trust with my life and when you are comfortable like that, you would give everything for them. The rest just comes off the back of that.

'I've been with Mark Hughes since I was 16. If anyone knows me as a player, it's him. He doesn't do anything special for me before a game. I just know where I am. Sir Bobby Robson did the same for me. He looked to get the best out of each individual. Some managers don't do that. Others do.

'It's not that I feel especially appreciated at Manchester City. I just know where I am. The manager pulled me in at the start of the season and straightaway said, "I'd back you against anyone. I know what you are like. If you are fit, I'd put my money on you, so just go out there and get your place".

No comments: