Sunday 18 October 2009

Johnson's return

Talking in the Sunday Mirror today:

“A muscle in my abdomen would keep popping every time I thought I was getting back to full fitness, but that stopped after the injections.

“I’m probably still another few months away from getting back into the physical shape I was in before the injury.

“I reckon it will be another eight or 10 games before I’ll really be knocking on the door of the first team.”

This can only be good news. I don't see him getting in ahead of Gareth Barry or Nigel de Jong but he could certainly surprise us, as Stephen Ireland did last year.

1 comment:

newsoftheblues said...

he exactly the type of player we need in the side, someone who can pick it up in the middle and drive it forward... the last player who really did that often for us was the unlikable joey barton.

johno does need to lose a few pounds, but he has also grown a bit, he should be a strong lad! i know he likes to go out in manchester a fair bit...but if he knuckles down and keeps diciplined he would be a great addition to hughes squad. almost a new signing ..