Monday 4 May 2009

An obstacle

Will the Confederations Cup upset our push for the Vodacom Challenge? It's set to take place in South Africa in mid/late June. Brazil have matches against Egypt (June 15), USA (June 18) and Italy (June 21), followed by a semi-final on June 24 and the final on June 28.

And it could well rule our Brazilian contingent out of the Vodacom Challenge, which starts just three weeks later. Mark Hughes said of it today:

"I realise that players such as Robinho could be playing for Brazil in the Confederations Cup which is also in South Africa in June.

"But the Challenge is a very important part of my pre-season training.

"At this stage I will be bringing all my top players.

"But one never knows what can happen in the next few months."

On the plus side, we get to see Elano and Robinho playing in what would otherwise have been a month entirely barren of football.

1 comment:

Scragg said...

I'd just like to say what great posts you do on this site. I always look for your articles first on news now so keep up the great work mate. Come on City

ALSO VISIT THIS SITE FOR SOME INTERESTING CITY ISSUES,

http://man-city-issues.blogspot.com/