Monday 4 May 2009

Looking forward to the derby

Kompany:

The Belgium star said: "That's the fourth win in a row, including the Hamburg tie at home, and we have proved that we are a good side. We are doing what we need to do before a big game for us at United.

"I'm happy to say that it's not just our home form that is good but the form in general, because in there you have the away win at Everton. Four in a row where you get a good result - you couldn't build any more confidence for the next game"....

Kompany added: "I hope we can get nine points - I wouldn't be playing football if I didn't think we could win every game - but hopefully six or seven will be enough."

Ireland:

"We're all feeling strong at this stage of the season, rather than taking a dip, which is a brilliant feeling. We want to end on a high, and right now I feel the best I have ever felt. I feel fitter now than before, I am coming off at the end of games feeling that I could have run so much more. I hope that I feel the same going into the derby".

3 comments:

Loki said...

The rags targeted swp at the last derby, watch them turn their cynical ways on Stevie on Sunday.

More leeway given for their foul tactics because the refs are scared of baconface.

pjdemers said...

Are we starting to see some of the fitness training methods pay off? Its been a long season yet players like Ireland, Kompany and Robinho are starting to find a little extra. Hopefully that could make the difference as the rags may be feeling tired. I have a sneaking suspicion that their exertions in Japan in Sepp Blatter's masturbation tournament might have added a little too much extra weight to the rags season.

I would love to SWP to feature at some point in the game as well as Bojinov so he can make good on his desire to score in the Derby.

I have a sneaking suspicion Sparky will pull a draw or win. City are looking stronger and more consistent in the final stretch and I think he's due some credit for once.

Wigan Blue said...

I thought Stevie (and SWP before he was injured) were starting to look a little tired...

If Stevie's found something extra in the tank, this is the game to dig deep and pull it out. Go for it Steve mate, we're depending on all of you!