Monday 18 May 2009

Khaldoon backs Hughes

This is literally it; MCFC Chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak has come out and publicly backed Mark Hughes:
City's supremo admitted: “I have been surprised at all the speculation, because I have always been consistent with everyone on the subject of the manager.

“Every time I have spoken, I have said the we have the highest confidence in Mark, and I would like to re-iterate that now. Mark will be our manager next season - nothing has changed."
I can't tell you what a relief it is to hear this. Our stuttering form in the last few months - and Fulham's comeback at Eastlands - made me fear a repeat of last April and May, one of the more distressing times to be a City fan in recent years. But we've got clear support for the manager, and for the first time since summer 2006 we can go into pre-season with managerial continuity.

Onward with Hughes!

4 comments:

Shropshire Blue said...

Agreed. Good leaders have the right person, in the right place, at the right time. Khaldoon knows what he is doing, Hughes knows what he is doing, and even Cook knows what he's doing. If Hughes and or Cook didn't, Khaldoon wouldn't mess about.

Unknown said...

Hughes is a joke, 50 points max compared to 55 last season. 11 points away from home the worst since Ball!! Differences between home and away form are expected but not that large. Down to the manager and his (lack of) tactics rather than the players. I am bored of people defending him. Continuity is all well and good if the manager was capable in the first place. As for the style of football we are heading towards I will let you all make your mind up about that.....

Meanderer said...

I actually think our style of football has generally been fairly positive this season. Even in away games, derbies and a couple others aside. I think that our undoing has been our woeful bench. We just don't have any good options to change games, especially since Sturridge has been distracted by non-football matters.
I think the players - de Jong included - that Sparky's bought have been class, except possibly Bridge. Another window and I think we could really do something! Come on blues!

newsoftheblues said...

well if this was the plan...it should of been done alot earlier to release pressure from media.

having a pre season not ripped up in turmoil will be a refreshing break!