Sunday 17 May 2009

Hughes says he's staying

From SkySports.com:

"I talked at length with him [Khaldoon] last night," Hughes said. "The situation is as it always has been - we're very clear with where we want to go with the club and what direction we are taking on and off the field.

"We are in tune with what we want to do but we are totally frustrated and bemused by the speculation. It's come to a point where everyone has to understand that Mark Hughes will be the manager here next year. That has been made very clear to me."

For us 'Hughes In'-ers, this is good news of sorts. But until I hear Khaldoon say publicly and unequivocally, that Mark Hughes will be the manager going into next season, I can't relax. I know this isn't the sort of thing Chairmen usually do, but the chaos and change we've been through over the last few years justifies us fans being a bit tetchy about this sort of thing. So let's hear it, Khaldoon, loud and clear.

And if not, I want Mourinho or Hiddink in place by June 1...

2 comments:

pjdemers said...

I'm sorry to say this but I doubt Mourinho will ever come here, not at least until City establish themselves as consistent top four contenders. Personally speaking as talented as he is, my problem is that Mourinho is way too much of a narcissistic ego for my liking. Besides I don't think he likes or respects the club. (In other words he thinks we're not worthy of him).

jackblue said...

Who is Mourinho?