Thursday 3 June 2010

'I am going to sign before the World Cup'

Jérôme Boateng is certain to complete his move to Manchester City in the next day or so, after telling Bild he will sign before departing for South Africa:
"I am going to sign before leaving for the World Cup and the deal will be completed. It has been decided that I am moving there."
Like our other HSV old boys Nigel de Jong and Vincent Kompany, Boateng is strikingly assured and confident:
"He [Roberto Mancini] came with two representatives to Hamburg and we chatted for one or two hours. He convinced me to make the transfer. He believes that I will definitely need a few months to get settled in once in England, but that he sees so much potential in me that he will improve me. Even if many people say I am going to struggle to make the breakthrough, I am confident that I will. I am not afraid of anybody."
I imagine we'll see him at Eastlands today or tomorrow.

No comments: