Monday 7 September 2009

Robinho books ticket

I missed Argentina 1 - 3 Brazil, and while I am anxious that Argentina will not make the World Cup, it is a relief that Brazil have now assured qualification.

This guarantees the presence of a City player at the tournament, providing of course that we have not sold Robinho during the January transfer window.

But de Souza is not the first: de Jong's Holland qualified some time ago. I hope that he won't take umbrage at his bench role and leave between now and the World Cup.

Two blues on the plane, many more to come I hope. This is the first post in a series.

2 comments:

Simon said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one slightly concerned about the potential sale of Robbie in January. I sincerely hope he stays at least until next summer, but these persistent Barca rumors just won't go away.

George Pare said...

I watched Argentina v Brazil and although Brazil won the game seemingly easily. However I would say that Argentina had the majority of possession (I would say about 60 : 40) and were very exciting. I do not have any doubts that they will qualify out of right with the following matches to play:

Away vs Paraguy (I think they'll lose this one)
Home against Peru (the whipping boys), and the only doubtful one for me is the
Away vs Uruguy.

I think they'll remain in 4th place and qualify. But of course these are my thoughts.

cheers
George