Monday 8 March 2010

Fulham's fixture pile-up, ctd

Six months ago I boldly predicted that Fulham's fixture pile-up would make them easy opposition at Eastlands. When we went 1-0 down I was worried, but when we won 2-1 I felt like Nostradamus.

Going by the maxim that lightning always strikes twice I'm going to do the same, because Fulham's schedule in March is terrifying. This Thursday they go to Turin for the Europa League tie with Juventus, and this Sunday lunchtime they go to Old Trafford. They entertain the bianconeri at Craven Cottage next Thursday, before our game there next Sunday. Then it's a cup replay at White Hart Lane the following Wednesday before the KC Stadium that Saturday. It's six games in sixteen days, four of which are away from home. And ours is the fourth game of the six.

So I'm going to throw caution to the wind and say that at the very least I expect us to get our third consecutive score draw at the Cottage.

No comments: