Friday 9 July 2010

'If Inter decide to sell we will be there'

That's Roberto Mancini talking about his interest in Inter's Mario Balotelli. The full quote:
"We are always interested in good players, if Inter decide to sell, we will be there," said the Italian.

"I have no problems. The most important thing is that they are good, so that they go on the pitch and play well."
This declaration of interest accords with what Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola said this week:
"Was there a real offer from City? Yes, there was but it is not for me to say," Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola told Gr Parlamento.

"Mario Balotelli's situation is calm. He is an Inter player. There are no negotiations, hence, he will remain at Inter."
And the comments of Inter transfer supremo Marco Branca:
‘There is also interest from United and City in Balotelli, but it’s very early to say if there will be any business done.

‘He is an Inter player and we have to think about our future.’
I guess this largely hinges on whether Rafael Benítez values Balotelli or not. I suspect he doesn't and so a departure is quite possible. I used to be lukewarm on Balotelli as a potential City player but for some reason I've reversed my opinion. He's clearly a bit of a lunatic but we've always liked mavericks at City and I'd hate to see us line up with a team of just Gary Speeds and Phil Nevilles. Where's the fun in that?

No comments: