Tuesday 30 June 2009

Off again

I'm going to France this evening, and won't be back till Monday.

I hope that we sign Carlos Tévez while I'm away - I imagine that this will happen in all honesty. The Samuel Eto'o story will presumably rumble on, and then there's Joleon Lescott and Kolo Touré as well to keep us occupied.

And, of course, the new website which I am more excited about than any man really ought to be. Part of me hopes I won't get internet where I'm going so that I don't ruin my holiday trying to access the exclusive Stephen Ireland interviews, or wondering which squad numbers I think Roque Santa Cruz and Gareth Barry will have.

4 comments:

The Electric Donkey said...

new website? What gives?

satis said...

This new website is great. I was hoping for more than one page though.

satis said...

I know in this new era of slick professionalism we're no longer allowed to say typical City but it has to be done.

The new website was supposed to appear this morning and at 5:30am it duly said 'Worth waiting for. The new site launches at 9am'.

At 9:30, the message changed to 'New site launches today, 1 July.'

At 11:30, the message was about technical 'issues'.

The web team have apparently been building the site since November, so how have they managed to balls up the launch? I'll tell you why, it's typical City. I don't suppose that phrase is in Garry Cook's multi-platform, global branding, cock-swinging strategy.

Still, I'm sure it will be worth waiting for. Perhaps a launch to coincide with the signing of Tevez and Eto'o will happen after all.

The Electric Donkey said...

ahh, the new City website. I think its good. They resolve any problems pretty quickly.

Although I have heard it from a few people, I don't think this is typical city. Its good quality, doesn't look like a generic template that other clubs use, doesn't have a gazillion adverts or annoying animations and is well laid out and easy to use.

There were teething problems, sure, but they were quickly sorted, which (IMHO) is a better reflection of quality - an ongoing commitment to ensure that the content is accurate, working, easy to find etc. A huge improvement on the previous site.