Wednesday 25 November 2009

VK wants back in

One of my favourite players is keen to get back into the side:
"I finally got 90 minutes to run around and make some tackles and I really enjoyed it. I made a lot of good, strong challenges, which is a big part of my game.

"That was the important thing for me, recovering the ball and keeping possession for the team - I had a lot of positive moments and I think I reached a decent level of performance."

"I'm looking forward to pushing for a first-team starting place. The competition doesn't bother me. I'm just as much competition to the others. I hope to be in there in the near future."

I can't see him getting in the midfield for a while. But why not at centre back? Joleon Lescott hasn't exactly set the world on fire (although he is improving), and there's always the option of shifting Lescott wide and dropping Bridge. If a berth did emerge at centre back I'd probably rather have Kompany there than Nedum Onuoha, although it is a close call.

2 comments:

N Rowland said...

I miss those accurate long balls from VK out to the left to Robinho! Can't wait to see that stuff again. Or to Bellamy - either will do.

Unknown said...

I was thinking along those lines yesterday actually and was going to email you my line up, which I will now have to do.