Tuesday 20 May 2008

City

Sorry for not doing my season review yet. I've got quite a lot to write but haven't fully decided how to present it yet. Hopefully by the weekend.

I've almost given up trying to figure out what's going on behind the scenes, although that doesn't stop me spending all my time on NewsNow, Bluemoon and ManCityFans hoping to pick up some shard of fact or insight.

My intuition (always a good thing to base judgements on) gives Sven 20% likelihood of staying on at the moment. Dont' expect me to justify this with facts.

The playing staff is more important to me than the manager at the moment, although I'm not sure why. I'm more worried about Richards leaving than Sven - because I've accepted Eriksson's departure but haven't faced up to the possibility of Micah going. But it's not like there's a choice one can make between the two. If Sven stays hopefully the players stay, but the opposite is probably also true.

But I don't want to consider a choice between Sven AND all of our current players PLUS shiny new editions OR no Sven, no Richards, no Johnson, no Dunne but maybe Ronaldinho and probably Figo on a Bosman.

No comments: