Thursday 1 May 2008

Caring

I have emotionally invested more in this City team than any other I can remember. I spend almost all of my time thinking about them: the next match, the last match, Ireland or Vassell on the right, European qualification, new kits? etc etc. I've always been a City fan; but this team has meant more to me than any.

And it's all gone. Shinawatra has sucked all the hope out of City, and I don't care any more.

Bozhinov's comeback?
England overtaking Norway in Fair Play?
Jo?
Corluka at right back or centre back?
A new bid for Chiellini?
The other £3.87m for Benjani?
Dunne's new contract?
The trips to Middlesbrough or Liverpool?
Wright-Phillips or Lennon?

I don't care about any of these any more. I know I should - as much as City is bigger than Thaksin it's also, for the same reason, bigger than Sven. But none of this seems to matter now. Without Sven nothing really matters.

1 comment:

מיכל זומרפלד said...

Could not have said it better myself.
After supporting City for 35-40 years the most part in exile but with subscriptions to the Football Pink and MCFC match programmes /BBC World Service and the odd phone call to the security desk of the evening news for an update of an "most"important game,I have not only more than kept intouch but have "spread the gospel" where ever I have been. What can be left to say.
After seeing the prancing Pearce,and the body language of KK in his final year,Alan Ball,Coppel and the absurd transfer dealings of the past (to many to list)and the FOWLER penalty cock-up vs Midds.All this and much more I could put with.But after this season of Sven style of football plus the success of the academy Why is it necessary for a Thai upheaval? Could it be because Sven is more popular than Thaksin?
S.O.S